Sunday, February 15, 2009

10 White Trash Confessions

No one wants to admit certain things. I hate to admit the white-trashy side of myself. But it's clearly there and I don't want another week to go by without blogging so I better just start confessin'.


1. Country music. I know, I know. How completely red-necky of me. I LOVE Rascal Flatts. I dream about Gary LeVox, Jay Demarcus and Joe Don Rooney. And I never thought I'd dream about a guy named Joe Don. But from the time I saw his bare nekkid backside in the video of "Melt" I've been a BIG fan.

2. I love writing/talking white trashy with my sister. We're able to turn it on and off rather quickly and it makes our visits/conversations way more funny! Anyone listening in would be totally convinced we're completely uneducated.

3. I used to buy my dad the Jeff Foxworthy page a day calendar of "You Might Be A Redneck." Some days he was so amused by the cartoon he had to fax me a copy! I haven't bought one of those calendars since he died. I probably should cuz I always think of him when I get an emailed trash joke or cartoon. And he was the LEAST trashy person I ever knew.

4. I sometimes like to spend the whole day in bed - watching tv. How very trashy and unproductive.

5. I love nice makeup but I still love my L'Oreal mascara.

6. I drive a really nice SUV, but I ghetto it up with a Walmart bag looped around the gear selector for my trash.

7. Except for one pair of Teva's, all of my flip flops come from discount stores.

8. When Ron and I "ran away from home" in December, we moved into an apartment. Seems we're going backwards. But it's a really nice place and I'm almost exactly 49 steps from my office. (Love the commute!!) It's still an apartment, though!

9. I like fake plants better than real ones. I kill everything. I wouldn't feel this way if I could keep them alive, but what's a trashy plant killin' girl to do??

10. I HATE watching COPS but Ron likes it and sometimes when he watches it, I get that damn theme song stuck in my head and have to hum, bee-bop and sing to it for days!!!!

Let's YOU share your trashiest secret so I don't feel so alone-trashy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know the two of you! How embarassing!

I'd write more but I'm on my way to Target.

:)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

After all those admissions of how white-trashy you and your sister are, AND then saying that your father was the least trashy you knew, did all these grand qualities come from me????????????