Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Lessons



The best part of Christmas this year was watching little ones rip their gifts open (ok, maybe some o' us big ones did too).) We all ransacked my mom's house and she seems to have loved it anyway.
I learned a few things this holiday:

  • I hate wrapping gifts more than I even thought I did
  • Nana's have an expiration date. Then they become yogurt. OLD BAD yogurt.
  • My niece and nephew are the cutest. Ever.
  • Husbands who buy jewelry rock.
  • I love my Uncle Mel.
  • I adore my Aunt Hazel.
  • I will never be alone as long as I have my cousins. They're the best! Jeff, Deanna, Lori - I love you!
  • I have the bestest Mom in the world. Even without presents (but don't tell her that part!)
  • I probably idolize my Uncle Paul way too much, but I'm OK with that.
  • The San Francisco Zoo isn't the best place to visit on Christmas.
  • I so love my sister.
  • I really felt my dad with us in the midst of all the fun
  • I think my cousin Dan is cool even though I'm not sure of the difference between Teamsters and Mafioso.
  • Having my boys and my big guy under the same tree is the best present I could ever have.
  • Spending even just one evening with my BFF's family is better than great!
  • Yeah, Punk, I feel lucky.
Ah . . . it's good to learn.

No comments: