Saturday, December 1, 2007

I'm TRIPPIN'!


Only 5 more days until I leave for my annual trip to San Francisco with my BFF!!! I'm making my packing list and checking it twice and then adding to it and then deciding to take empty luggage and shop when I get there and then throwing in that sweater I love and then having lots of second thoughts (just about the packing.)

This year we've decided to extend our trip by an extra day. That will be 4 days of absolute fun and frolicking through the Streets of San Francisco. If we have our way, we'll be staying til February by 2010.

To re-cap past years (in no particular order,) there are some MUST-DO's for each trip:

  • Lori's Diner
  • Macy's
  • waiting in line for 2 hrs for The Cheesecake Factory
  • The Christmas Carol
  • The Disney Store
  • Podboy visit (My Favorite!!)
  • Lil Asian Lady who hocks souvenirs
  • The Gold, Silver and Bronze Men
  • The Twins (only saw 'em once, but we look for them each year!)
  • Macy's again
  • Pictures at the St Francis Hotel
  • Scouting for Don Johnson
  • Trying to build up Jackie Mason's ego
  • Max's Restaurant (USED to make a good Slippery Nipple!)
  • taxi rides
  • OK, back to Macy's - can't get enough!!
We try to hit the Pier every other year, but sometimes get luckier than others. Last year we rode through Chinatown and down Lombard Street (compliments of those Podboy's!) This year the Podboy family grew and we can't wait to see their/our new baby!

And then there are great things we do but not every year:

  • Palm reader - very insightful.
  • Bay cruise (little windy, but fun and a beautiful day!)
  • Beach Blanket Babylon - HI-larious play
  • Spa Nordstrom
  • Eat, drink, eat , drink, eat, eat, drink, drink - you get the picture
  • Tattoo's for two
  • Hotel movie - Watching "Under The Tuscan Sun" with my Lori B was the best!
  • Makeover at Smashbox
  • shopping shopping shopping (ok, we do that every year!)
So many things I'm forgetting, I'm sure. It's a terrific trip each year - never disappointing. I'm so very thankful that I have my BFF. She lifts me constantly and refuels me to face the rest of the year with the anticipation of our next trip. When it comes to my BFF, I'm dripping rich with the blessing of friendship!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I quit laughing and then crying - I'll think of something witty/thoughtful/amazing to write. Something just like you. And as I write (10 pm Saturday night) a week from this moment we'll be picking up our pager for the Cheesecake Factory and then heading down to the furniture department to test the new mattresses! Bring your camera! You're the best. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I hear the sound of bicycle peddles squeek, squeek, squeeking down I-5!