Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Day Tradition - Chatty Kat style


Hey y'all ~ my family had a turkey-rific Thanksgiving Day! It was just the four of us and our two girl dogs and Stephen's new boy dog, Bailey the foxhound. Who is a huge puppy. And not house-trained. Even a little.

My favorite tradition on this auspicious day of stuffing is when we forge around town, looking for that perfect picture taking spot. This year we chose Garden of the Gods.

And in the spirit of this season, I feel especially thankful this year for a coupl'a things:
  • My babies. Big as they are, they're the guys who make me smile, laugh, cry and burst with pride.
  • My big guy. He seems to love me no matter what kind of hair day I'm having.
  • Peace. It comes in small bursts, but warms me like melted butterscotch.
  • Joy. It starts way down deep inside and bubbles to the surface like the pop top of a 7up can.
  • Love. Nothing tops loving and being loved. Not even donuts. With sprinkles.
I hope you're nodding your head because you know peace, joy and love. They cost nothing but pay off more than any 401K. And it seems the more they pay off, the more they pay off. Because love breeds love and joy breeds joy and peace breeds peace. And if I could, I'd wrap it up and mail it to each one of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture!! Greater subjects!!! O, and those mountains behind are nice....but those beautiful faces of integrity makes any mom/grandmother so proud!! I love you all!

Jen said...

You are all so dang priddy. It makes me thankful to be related to such lovely peoples.