Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Countdown to Ka-kee day!


In four days, I will have been a true, legal and official Auntie for EIGHT years! My dear, sweet niece was born in 2000 and given my name. Although she's called "Katie" she knows her REAL name. And at a time when I couldn't wait for her to call my name, she adopted "Appie" as the best way to pronounce this person who came to visit, armed with gifts and kisses. It's the greatest nickname ever! And as with my big 21-year-old son, we just never forget all the mispronunciations. They're adorable and will always be part of our family's lingo. Just to name a few . . .
  • Buh-FOO-ter: computer (Sean)
  • KAY-kee: Katie (Katie)
  • GACK: Jack (Katie)
  • PIE-der: spider (Stephen)
  • YIP-tick:lipstick (Sean - why was he saying that??!!)
  • PARE-pane: airplane (Sean)
  • AP-pee: Auntie Chatty-Kath (Katie)
  • PIE-ruhts ov da CA-wa-BE-uhn: Pirates of the Carribean (Jack)
  • I not WEE-uhd: I'm not weird (Jennifer)
You don't live anything down in MY family!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Great job, Kath! One correction... it's PIE-ruhts ov da CARROT-bean: Pirates of the Carribean (Jack)

Jen said...

I remembered another one. Aren't you thrilled?

Hystellectomy = hysterectomy (Kathy, age 16)

I think that's when they remove tonsils through the uterus.