Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sean!

Sean's been late a few times in his life. His birth was one of those times. I was overdue by two whole weeks and finally my labor was scheduled to be induced. So the morning of February 2, 1987, we arrived at Fairchild Air Force Base Hospital for the biggest event in our young lives. I don't remember many specifics of the day (thanks to the drugs) but I do remember pushing for all I was worth starting at 6 pm and finally birthing my little watermelon at 6:16 pm. Sean was absolutely perfect! Ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes and all the things he needed in all the right places. Ron and I were very, very proud!


And we continue to be proud of our little guy. He's a reserve Air Force airman. He's finishing his college career in Network Security at Colorado Tech University. He's responsible. He's brilliant. He's a fantastic person and we like him as much as we love him!


Go Sean!
Happy Birthday, Super-Son!!!

No comments: