Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Number Six

Some of you may be faithful readers of my sister’s blog site. If you are one of those four, please understand that neither of us are copy-cats. We decided to BOTH post our responses to the following. Please share your own answers by cutting, pasting and posting to "comments." Thanks! These responses are in absolutely NO particular order.


Six things to do before I die:
1. Visit NYC
2. Write my books
3. Play guitar
4. Build another house
5. Vacation at a Mexican resort
6. Ride in an air balloon


Six things I won’t do:
1. Ignore messes
2. Eat the worm in the tequila bottle
3. Touch a snake
4. Go to bed without moisturizing
5. Read romance
6. Amusement park rides


Six things that attract me to my spouse:
1. He’s tall
2. He gets paid every two weeks
3. He makes me laugh
4. He kinda likes our kids
5. He’s a good guy
6. He’s a faithful trash fairy


Six things I say most often:
1. I love you
2. Drive safe

3. Eddie’s spending the night again??!!
4. Shelby? Need to go potty?
5. Gross!
6. This ain’t the Hilton!


Six authors I really like:

1. Stephen White
2. Ann Rule
3. Sue Grafton
4. Mary Higgins Clark
5. Jenny McCarthy
6. James Patterson


Six movies I would watch over and over again:
1. Gross Pointe Blank
2. Rent
3. Chicago
4. Disney animated stuff
5. Any DVD’s with Family Guy or American Dad
6. Most anything with Jackie Chan


5 comments:

Jen said...

Don't want to waste precious space here with my answers. They're at http://jmanullang.blogspot.com/

Chatty-Kat said...

Thank you - I LOVED your answers!

Chatty-Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ChatKat:
With the exeption of Jenny McCarthy (I've not read) your list is mine. If you like Sue Grafton with her alphabetical titles, I think you would like Janet Evanovich with her numbered series. It seems her character Stephanie Plum is Sue Graton's Kinsey Millhone's much less refined city cousin. I don't care for Evanovich's other novels, but her writing became much better as she went from "One For the Money", "Two for the Dough" to her latest, I think, which is number Twelve & I can't think of the title right now. Brain atrophy, you know, at my advanced age.
Also I agree that James Grisham is great, both fiction and non fiction. I think Grafton has "S is for Silence" out now, but all I find on Amazon are sales from the UK, not sure why. Keep on reading, girl, and WRITING!

Anonymous said...

Six things to do before I die:
1. Go on an east Caribbean cruise with my family.
2. Go to Hawaii and hike the trails of Kauai with my mom.
3. Sky dive.
4. Finish writing my books.
5. Enjoy my grandkids.
6. Be part of a faith community (not necessarily a "church") that values wholeness not just irrelevant cultural rules and that makes a true difference in people’s lives.

Six things I won’t do:
1. Get drunk or high (I struggle with doing stupid things enough as it is.)
2. Cheat on my husband.
3. Watch horror movies.
4. Garden with gloves on.
5. Drive long distance without my cell phone.
6. Belong to a going-through-the-motions church.

Six things that attract me to my spouse:
1. He’s wise and a good leader.
2. He’s hard working.
3. He’s committed to growing as a person (and I don’t mean in size).
4. He’s a good communicator (especially on the phone).
5. He loves his family.
6. He’d climb a mountain with me even if it’s not his favorite thing to do.

Six things I say most often:
1. Brush your teeth.
2. Did you brush your teeth?
3. Ten minutes ‘til we LEAVE!
4. (phone rings) I’ll bet that’s Steven.
5. Oh, hello, honey. So nice of you to call.
6. Thank-you for telling me that you don’t want to ____. But even though you don’t want to…

Six authors I really like:
1. Robin Jones Gunn (Sisterchicks rule!)
2. Carol Ryrie Brink (better than Laura Ingalls)
3. Bill Martin (so few words, so much money)
4. J. R. Tolkien (always wished I could have used his writing as an examples in my English class -- but alas, it's fantasy)
5. Barbara Kingsolver (Pigs in Heaven, The Poisonwood Bible)
6. James Michener

Six movies I would watch over and over again:
1. The Life of Brian
2. Sound of Music (I’m sappy like that)
3. Princess Bride
4. Braveheart
5. Cars
6. The Wizard of Oz

6 TV Shows I watch regularly
1. Lost (Do I have to wait 'til February?)
2. Survivor (I have fantasies of being on this show)
3. The Closer (Ah! summer is here!)
4. CSI (the original)
5. 24 and/or Law and Order: CI (these are really my husband's favorites)
6. Desperate Housewives (at least once in a while to catch up with the soap opera and cry with the concluding comments)