Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Spidy, I love thee.

I spent my Sunday this past week, worshipping at Our Lady of Peter Parker. Usually the 3rd installment of any movie is tired and just overdoing it. Even part deux is a little much for most, regardless of its original blockbuster. (Case in point: Christmas Vacation, then Christmas Vacation II starring Cousin Eddie in a Hawaiian Christmas.) But Spiderman 3 was awesome, amazing and exceeded any expectations I had going in. Stephen saw it before me and told me to not be surprised when Peter Parker has a sex change and starts a romance with his friend, Harry. I’m so relieved to tell you that he was LYING!!! I liked Topher Grace (Eric Foreman in That 70’s Show) and Thomas Haden Church (Lowell in Wings) as the newest bad guys. Topher creeped me out with his razor teeth. But in a good way.


So, go see it.
I think Tobey McGuire needs the money. ;-)

2 comments:

Jen said...

My Spidy, I loved thee in 1 & 2, hence I shall see 3.

Grassy-ass for the review! --Jen

Anonymous said...

This movie is too scary for my littlest one, so I missed out on the Scary Harry vs. Black Spidey. Zoe and I did the girl thing and went shopping instead. But the boys said it was great. Zayne, my 8-year-old told me, "Did you know the alien that turned Spider Man dark was real?" I'm still not quite sure what he meant by that! :) My husband, movie connoisseur and comic book lover that he is, gave it two thumbs up. Maybe not quite as good as Roper and Ebert, but a good review to get none-the-less.