Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Chatty's Little Sis!!
















Congratulations to me -- I've been a big sister for 40 years now!! (You'd think I'd be good at it by now)

**Happy Bday, Jen**

Seems like decades ago
She looked in the mirror
And an 8 year old girl
Smiled back at her

Seems like yesterday
She looked at me
A wide eyed princess
Touching my pearls

It was only last year
We looked at each other
And I can remember
Her being older

Being daughter to Mom
Missing Dad for so long
Mature discussions
Having wise emotions

We stand now together
Becoming stronger
Not much younger now
My grown up sister

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh. Makes me want to sing..."Sisters, sisters. There were never such devoted sisters!"

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Very nice muzings about your sister and sisterhood. I love you both!