Saturday, June 2, 2007

But the greatest of these is LOVE . . .



I received an email recently that challenged me to see how many things I’m thankful for that DON’T cost money. Let’s see . . . hmmm . . . Oh, yeah -

  • my #1 guy
  • my #1 boy
  • my #2 boy
  • my Molly and my Shelby
  • my mom and dad – I’ll ALWAYS be thankful for them, even when they aren’t here to hear it.
  • my little sis – big hearted and talented! Bro-in-law is pretty great, too. Jack the boy and Katie, Scout and Casey the girls – love ‘em all.
  • my BFF and her extended bunch – they’re all awesome!
  • The Montana Jeri's
  • Nana – who was fun with me and is now an even better Great-Nana
  • My aunt and uncles in Oregon – thankful for some special cousins, too!
  • My wonderful cousins/surrogate parents - Wade and Karen
  • My dear friends in Colorado, Oregon, California, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Texas and Germany
  • People I've worked with who are so nice to me I feel like it's my birthday!
  • my mind – it comes and goes, but hasn’t completely left me yet
  • my health – I’m still putting one foot in front of the other
  • music
  • humor
  • clean, fresh air
  • blue skies and a great view of Pikes Peak
  • rainy days and Mondays
  • a job with flexibility
  • living in a free country
  • Joy, peace and love

Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not long ago, my family went through a really challenging time financially. I found it was really easy to get cranky about what I thought I was missing out on.

Odd thing is that my kids accepted it much better than I did. And when we all started really looking at things, there were so many more things to be thankful for than to be cranky about.

I haven't yet had to live in the street.
I have a soft bed to sleep in every night.
We have always had clothes to wear.
I have always had a phone.
We've never done without TV.
I've never gone hungry, in fact, I could stand to do that a little more.
I have comfortable couches to sit on.
We have cars to drive.
Best of all:
I have a loving husband.
We still enjoy playing a good game together.
We have a yard to enjoy and even plant a garden in.
And I still have time to be with my kids and enjoy them growing up.

Life is pretty good.

Thanks, Kath, for the reminder that the basics in life are what really counts.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

OK, so are you saying that since Nana's "free" you can overlook all the mean stuff she does? So can I start being super duper mean too? Like threaten to steal Christmas from you? And make you buy Correctol for me? And hang up on you if I think you're being "too Mexican"? Golly, she's a treat. It'd be fun to get away with that shiat too...
I love you even though you have waaaaay too much patience with that geezer.