Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Risin' up, straight to the top . . .


In the summer of 1982, I started college, met a nice guy, accidentally admitted I went to a movie to my conservatively-religious mom (whose heart proceeded to break) and joined the Rocky movie craze. I had never seen a Rocky movie, but after seeing Rocky III, I had to see the rest. I was only ONE of the many young people on campus that year singing "Eye of the Tiger," and doing that funny dance/punch down the steps. Thank goodness there was no YouTube then!! It's so funny to think back now that the guy I thought was the "Tiger's Meow," would become the bestest brother-in-law in the whole world. The one who took me to Fast Times at Ridgemont High would help give me a perfectly sweet little adorable niece (named after me) and the cutest, funniest and most brilliant little neph an Appie could ever want! I couldn't have manipulated that situation better if I'd tried! You can call me lucky, but I just feel VICTOR-ious!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kath, you forgot to write about when the guy turned into a jackass. Also didn't mention that you never slept with him because somehow you knew that would be way too Jerry Springer-like down the road. Plus he was kind of a weirdo anyway (so I hear).

Anonymous said...

Hey, what about that new Rocky movie coming out? Some things never die.

I wonder if this movie will produce a whole new generation of shadow boxers.

Nah!

The worst part is that I already own the box set. Are they going to give me a new cover to my set so that the latest one will fit next to the rest?

Nah!

Will Sylvester Stalone ever completely retire with his cute young thing?

Adrian!!! Where are you??

Anonymous said...

By the way, I chose a much more domestic movie for my first time in the theater after my long religious conservative fast.

I saw Three Men and a Baby.

I almost married the guy that took me to see it. But he'd never promise me he'd sing lullabys in three part harmony to our kids.