Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Always and Forever, Daddy's Little Girls


Today is sad. My BFF and her sisters lost one of the most precious people to them exactly one year ago. When she called me last year with the horrible news, I hated that I was actually "experienced" with this kind of loss. The only good thing about it was that I really could understand the unspeakable grief she felt and I didn't have to dig very far at all to find it. We're all card-carrying members now of the LOST DAD'S SOCIETY. I miss my dad every day. Some days I miss him so much I feel like I might burst. I hold my breath at times so long I feel like I'm going to pass out. No matter what, he's still gone. I want to believe that my dad is somewhere, watching us. I want to believe that Lori, Cherie and Shelly are enveloped in their dad's arms today. I'm thankful for the relationship we all had with our dads. Perfect? Heck no. But great enough to break our hearts when we lost them.


If my arms were longer, I'd reach across the miles and hug them each. They know I'm doing that in my heart, though.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud to have such a sensitive, caring daughter who has a friend that she can care so deeply about.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kath. Knowing there's you makes those unbearable moments better. I hate that we have this in common but am so grateful for you and your loving heart. Somehow we go on. Somehow we get through another day. We know they're smiling at us and realizing that we did grow up after all even though they never thought we would. I love you today and every day...xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thank you, sweetie, for putting into words what we feel in our hearts. You are a blessing!
Love you