Saturday, September 15, 2007

It's Not Just About The Journey


I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. ~Douglas Adams

My sister sent me this quote and I do believe it's a most poignant phrase that describes my situation quite perfectly at this moment. There are many experiences I wouldn't have chosen for myself. I wouldn't repeat certain phases of my life. I can't even say I'm thankful for it all. I don't want to believe the bad times are what define you (although I suppose that's partly true.) I have many regrets and I probably always will.

But the good news is that right now I'm where I am. I'm OK with it, too. I hope if you're reading this and think "I'm so not happy with where I am," you'll take the opportunity to figure out what steps you need to take to get there. I've always believed I'm a total work in progress. And I know I still am. But I'm OK to be where I am right now. And I'm completely loving that wrinkles don't hurt.

No comments: