Friday, September 21, 2007

My Serenity Prayer


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the
courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to hide the bodies
of the ones who pissed me off.


I just wish I understood people better. My problem is that I treat everyone as though they have the same mentality as me. I expect the best in people and I expect them to be sane. And then someone completely surprises you and takes you off guard because you suddenly realize that the person you're speaking to is COMPLETELY PSYCHO. Why don't those people wear signs? Why don't those people drool openly? Why, oh why do I try??? Today at work I met a psycho. She was demon-possessed and I still can't understand her thinking. I expected split pea throw up and some head-spinning. No sense of understanding. Sheesh.

Then there was this other person I once knew who totally threw a temper tantrum. She was the supervisor while I was working temporarily at a job. She accused me of not doing something that she was just sure I should have known ~ although she had never told me this thing I was supposed to have known. Anyway, she stood there looking across the room from about 30 feet away, waving her arms, stomping her feet and yelling at me. I wish I'd had a mirror, because I'm sure the look on my face said "You are flippin' nuts, lady."

People like this make me think things like the above serenity prayer and also things like, "Life is too short for this garbage!" I want to live and love and laugh and be happy to be here every day. I want to make people happy and bring joy where there isn't lots. I want to improve my little daily world. Making room for people who try to suck the life outta you just isn't productive to my plan. So, although my plan sounds good enough, there may be some carnage left along the way. Excu-u-use me.






1 comment:

Jen said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. People make me hate them. But you, I love!