Saturday, September 8, 2007

Favorite Movie Line Time

My favorite movie line of all time (so far) is from RENT when Maureen tells JoAnn "THERE WILL ALWAYS BE WOMEN IN RUBBER!" If you haven't seen the movie, I challenge you to see it to know what they're talking about. It's hilariously touching and deeply moving. To me, anyway.

Boss-Jen's favorite movie line is from WAITING TO EXHALE when she says "TAKE YO SH**!, TAKE YO SH**!" This line must be quoted properly with the southern accent.

Each of these lines can actually be worked into conversation quite easily. Well, "There will always be women in rubber" doesn't ever make sense, but it does draw blank stares followed by confused laughter. And some days that's the best you can hope for!!

So, what are YOUR favorite movie lines?? (Always read the comments written by others - I have hysterically funny friends and family!)


UPDATE: Definitely read the comments . . . my sister is on a roll!

11 comments:

Jen said...

It would be impossible for me to choose just one so I might have to comment many, many times.

"I am serious... and don't call me Shirley" (Airplane)

It's not that this one is so memorable, it just fits into so many otherwise unfunny conversations. Gotta love those.

Jen said...

"Those aren't pillows!" (Plains, Trains & Automobiles)

Jen said...

"Baby fish mouth! Baby fish mouth! Baby fish mouth!" (When Harry Met Sally...)

Jen said...

"If I didn't have puke breath, I'd kiss you" (Strange Brew)

Jen said...

"Shitter was full!" (Christmas Vacation)

Jen said...

"It's not a tumor!" (Kindergarten Cop)
Much funnier if "tumor" is pronounced TOOMAH, like Arnold does it.

Anonymous said...

"But this one goes to 11." Nigel Tufnel (aka Christopher Guest) to Marty DiBergi. :)

Anonymous said...

O.K., I'm stuck on Spinal Tap:

Nigel Tufnel: You can't really dust for vomit.

David St. Hubbins: It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever.

David St. Hubbins: Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

David St. Hubbins: Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.

Jen said...

"Here's the Remains of the Day lunchbox. Kids don't like eating at school, but if they have a Remains of the Day lunchbox they're a lot happier." (Waiting for Guffman)

Jen said...

"I really love Rudy. He is totally enamored of me. I mean, I've had other men love me before, but not for six months in a row." (the bride-to-be sister in Sixteen Candles)

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.