Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Chatty-Kat Daily Metaphor

I love most of my shoes. I'm glad everyone else doesn't have my shoes. But I'm also glad I get to see other shoes on other people, even if those aren't the shoes I'd buy. I'm glad that shoes come in lots of colors. I love pointy toed and round toed styles. I love boots. OMG, do I love boots! I love tennis shoes (which I've never played tennis while wearing.) I love slip ons and strap-ins. I love leather and fabric and even that funky rubberish stuff in Crocs. And I'm glad everyone wears different shoes.

In my city, where DIVERSITY is a bad word, I'm thankful for the open-minded, truly kind and caring individuals who really want to make sure there's room for us all!


You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. ~Doug Floyd

No comments: