Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My favorite food group

Few things on this earth bring my tummy greater joy than Mike N Ike candies. They're chewy, fruity and sweet. They go great with Murder She Wrote re-runs and old episodes of Columbo. I don't like the green and red ones much, so Ron gets those. I LOVE the pink ones. They're my favorites! The yellow and orange flavors aren't bad. The grape flavored candies are pretty tasty. Wish I had a favorite candy that wasn't Ron's favorite candy. Then I wouldn't have to share them or hide them in my jewelry armoire under my dad's ashes. Our family (OK, Jen and me) had this tradition - always Red Vines with James Bond movies. I miss those days, Sissy. I can think of only one candy even better than MNI's - Now and Later's. Course I prefer to eat them NOW rather than LATER. But it's fruit, so that can't be all bad, right Cuz??!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Are MNIs better than Hot Tamales? I can hardly imagine such a thing! I miss the James Bond movie days too... the summer of 83, when we rented one after another and watched them over and over... then saw "Octopiggy" in a theater with Dad (how embarrassing)... and couldn't wait for "Never Say Never Again" (we were toopid). Talk about disappointing. Anyhoo, I still love JB and I love the new one even though he has sticky-outy ears and I love Red Vines and Now & Laters and I love you! --Jen

Anonymous said...

Where have I been? How come I never knew about this Mike 'n Ike obsession??? I thought alcohol was your favorite candy? ;)

I don't know my "favorite" candy. Unfortunately, there's very few foods I don't like. Junior Mints are refreshing (& delicious!). Probably Tootsie Rolls are way up there for me. But given a choice (of calories) probably the fruity Lemon Drop tops all. :)

xoxo