Monday, July 9, 2007

Appie's Katie-bug





Katie was born in 2000 and named after me, which has always given us a very special bond. Although she goes by "Katie" and not "Chatty-Kat" we know who she is! She has so far given me 7 years of pride and bliss. When she was a baby and couldn't pronounce my name, I became "Appie." I'm good with that. :-) During our vacation a few weeks ago, I witnessed her loss of yet another tooth. And I got to take her shopping with her tooth fairy money. Yes, aunthood is truly mah-velous! She loves to do crafts and sing and she reads really well also. She introduced me to High School Musical, which I LOVE! We also share a love of animals. I am amazed in her presence by her talents and seeing her grow into this beautiful little lady. She is very girlie, which I especially love. I know she's a Daddy's Girl, but I also like to think she's an "Appie's Girl!"

2 comments:

Jen said...

Katie lost another tooth last night! I didn't even know she had a loose one. In other words, I was NOT prepared cash-wise. Fortunately I had just bought her a new jump rope but hadn't given it to her yet, so the tooth fairy did. Katie thinks the tooth fairy ROCKS. :)

Thanks for this post and the Jack-related one too, Kath. I'm sorta fond of both those kiddos too.

ILY!

Jen said...

Geez loo-EEZ! Katie's at Grandma Kiyomi's tonight and just called to say she lost ANOTHER tooth! She's not gonna have any teeth to chew with if she keeps up like this. Hopefully the tooth fairy visits grandmas' houses too...

Just wanted to share the news. ILY!

Jen