Friday, July 13, 2007

Grandma Mary's Granddogs


My sister and I have the cutest girl dogs IN THE WORLD. And when three out of four of them met last month, we didn't know what to expect. I spent months telling Shelby about her cousins, Scout, the Beagle, and Casey, the Rat. I told her that they're sweet and nice and she needed to be sweet and nice right back. But with Shelby, what she lacks in size, she makes up in feisty-ness!


At first meeting, there were some territorial issues, as in "That's MY Appie" and "That's MY Mommy!" I'm pretty tight with Scout and Casey. But then Shelby is a little MORE than tight with me. After awhile, they all tolerated each other, and for that, we were very pleased. Personally, I think it was an act for us. I think they LOVED each other, but didn't want to let on. And no one had any accidents on Grandma Mary's carpet. Even Jack. Jury's still out on Uncle Ron.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That pic of Casey and Shelby is so cute! Scout would never lay on DIRT... she must have pillows and/or people blankets because she is above all that typical dog behavior. But the rats just look content as can be (though definitely on alert--was Jack nearby?).
ILY!

Jen