Thursday, July 5, 2007

Cinnamon rolls - YUM!


My in-laws (the soon-to-be-previous "Montana Jeri's") are moving to Colorado Springs this month! My MIL has promised to teach me to do ceramics, porcelain and to knit. I've promised to show up for dinner every single night at 5 pm. I've promised to let my children stay at her house when the weather is too awful for them to drive all the way home from town. I've promised to save all my washing & ironing for her. I'm thoughtful that way. Ron promises to golf occasionally with my FIL. They both promise to not always win. I promise to show up every once in awhile at their house with helmet head, after a motorcycle ride when I'm especially hungry for the best homemade cinnamon rolls EVER. In the meantime, I've been scouting town for the best place for them to live. Which brings me to my new nickname for Colorado Springs apartments - Skanksville, Colorado. I'm so disappointed by some of the places that look really nice from the outside, yet inside are old, worn and dreary. I think I've found one great place for them, though. And my choice has nothing to do with the rule that says "Yes, you can bring guests" to the pool, sauna, and tennis court.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I love your in-laws, too. But, after all, I can do the same for you -- bring your ironing over, I'll have savory dinners ready for you all at 5 p.m. each day, I'll play golf with any of you and you can be assured of winning (without even trying), I'll teach you to....OK, well, you're already more creative than I am, but I'm good at....recognizing who wrote your "No Name" notes.

Mother Mary