Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Crashes and Scratches

Last weekend I went to the Titanic exhibition in Denver, as I mentioned in a previous blog. Since then, I've done a lot of online researching about passengers. I found a great link with lots of back stories. http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/ I will caution you, however, to not even start on that link unless you have a big chunk of time. Over the past week, I've spent hours!

Speaking of crashes, I'd like to suggest to everyone reading this, that you pledge to always put your shopping carts in the "cart corral's" in the parking lot. When I returned to my car at Safeway, I had a cart up against my back bumper. When I moved it (and put it in the cart corral,) there was an 8 inch scratch on my car where the cart had been "parked." I've always had a thing about carts anyway, but now I'm just ticked because my car took the brunt of someone else's laziness. So please people, say it with me "I WILL ALWAYS PUT MY CART AWAY . . . I WILL ALWAYS PUT MY CART AWAY . . . I WILL ALWAYS PUT MY CART AWAY. . ." Thank you.




1 comment:

Jen said...

The cart thing is one of my (many) pet peeves also, and for exactly the same reason. It amazes me the lengths people will go to justify leaving their carts wherever they damn well please... "It was raining" (so?) ... "There was no corral nearby" (there is always one nearby) ... "My kids were in the car" (put the cart away first, dummy) ... "I only have one leg" (oh, shut up. you have the good parking space) ...

Well, thanks a lot, Kath. Now I'm all grouchy at the world. Not a good way to start one's day. ILYA