Friday, July 13, 2007

"Casey Jones" crosses over to the dark side.


Last night we watched "Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg, Danny Glover and the one of the cutest guys ever, Michael Pena. It wasn't too gory. I mean, with a title like that, ya gotta expect some blood. I thought it was a smart and clever story. And if you have a 19 and 20-year-old, then you remember back in 1990 when "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie" was HUGE! Well, you won't like knowing that "Casey Jones" grew up to be a bad guy. His name is Elias Koteas and he was really cute in 1990. In 2007? Not so much. Well, his demise is the bloodiest part of the movie (but he really deserved it!) And it's always nice when the bad guys get it in the "end," or the arm.


I wish real life was more like that. Ya know, if someone cuts you off in traffic, their car gets a mile down the road and all the tires go flat. Or if your husband makes cookies and leaves a huge mess for you to clean up in the kitchen, he spends a whole night with insomnia. Or if your friend borrows your best boots and returns them with scuffs and a loose heel, she breaks both ankles. Or maybe you just carry a big gun and you're not afraid to use it. Hey, it worked for Mark Wahlberg and Michael Pena!

Nah. . . I'm not serious. But I wouldn't mind seeing karma at work more often! And if you want to see an action/adventure with a good ending, I recommend "Shooter." Besides, Michael Pena's nice to look at. YUMMY ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the movie, and believe it all hook line and sinker. But for the life of me I couldn't take my eyes
off Mark Wahlberg. Which one is Michael Pena? I am at home call the home phone and answer.