Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Get Well. Really.


Today's pet peeve is "people who are insincere." Ya know, when someone walks by you and says "How are you?" and then keeps walking. I mean, I want to tell them about my sore left knee and the twitch in my right eye and my best friend's wedding. But I open my mouth to let it rip and I'm alone. When the McDonald's drive-thru guy tells me to "Have a nice day!" I just know that he doesn't care one bit if I have a heart attack from the double cheeseburger and medium chocolate shake I just bought or not! And when Ron tells me "I love you," well, that may be an exception.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey! How ya been? Working hard or hardly working? Great to be in touch with you again! Take care! Keep in touch, ok? Let's totally do lunch!

Anonymous said...

I REALLY want to know how you are, and will wait with baited breath to hear your answer so I can respond with my most devoted-to-empathizing body language. AND I truly love you--ever since the morning of President Kennedy's funeral when I experienced my first bout of nausea.

Mother Mary :-)

Anonymous said...

I'll take a "How are ya" way before the "Thank Ma'am" I got from the Starbucks kid the other day. :(

When did I go from "kiddo" to "ma'am?"