Friday, July 20, 2007

Have A Great Shoe Day!


I'm having a great shoe day today. Ya know those days when you're wearing the cutest pair of pumps and they don't hurt and they sound just right against the sidewalk. There is a certain sound of "clacking" that you hear in the movies. I LOVE that sound. Sometimes I take shorter steps so I get to make twice as many clacks. Some of my shoes have such soft souls that I feel like I'm in stealth mode. What can I say? I like the clack. Not all shoe sounds are good, though. Like when you hear someone walking in their crocs with no socks and it makes squishy noises. Poo-tink! Not all clickety-clicking noises are good. Like when you hear clickety-clack, clomp, click-click, "Oh, no-o-o-o-o!" as someone trips. I'm glad I rarely trip. (Quiet everyone who knows me!) When I DO trip, I hope I'm in stealth mode, so no one hears me. But I'm usually not.


Few things make a bad day worse than hating your shoes. Or clacking wrong. Maybe that's just me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got worried there for a moment. I thought you'd say that a good shoe day was when you're shoes are silent. But no! You love the movie sidewalk clacking sound, too! Yeah, a kindred spirit!

Movies have left their big prints on me for the not-so-good, too, though it took me a while growing up to realize that. Do you remember the scene in the Aristocats where one dog says to the other, "Ah, it's nothing but a lil' ol' cricket bug!" and really it was the bad guy's shoes squeaking? My first exposure to that movie scene was on an LP record that I played way too many times. I had a thing about squeaky shoes for a while after that.

Thank goodness I grew out of that stage!