Monday, July 9, 2007

Jackson - Boy Pirate





My nephew, Jack, is a character! He's 5 years old and likes to be right in the middle of whatever Uncle Ron is doing. Uncle Ron made him the pirate mask in the picture. Then Uncle Ron was putting a water fountain into Grandma Mary's backyard and Jack wanted to be part of that project. Of course, once the fountain was installed, it was the PERFECT place to sail his POTC:AWE pirate ship. And he drank out of it a few times. Another picture is of Jack being a pirate's parrot, perched on Uncle Ron's foot. Jack is an absolute doll and I wouldn't be half the Appie without him. Really. And he loves that his name is Jack and truly believes he was named after Jack Sparrow. I don't mind that he wants to grow up to be a pirate because as any good Appie, I believe he would only pirate for good and not evil. During our trip to southern Oregon in June, we got lots of time with Jack. One evening, Jack went out to dinner with us. We both just loved having him with us. We didn't think even once about giving him away to the circus. Or even walking the plank.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a cutie! Maybe even cuter than Johnny Depp which is certainly not easy in my mind.

Doesn't he make you almost wish you had another one? I get those fits every now and then.

But I've never kidnapped a kid yet. Maybe because when it really comes down to it, it's nice to give them back, even though I make a long face when I do it.

I'll just pretend to be a pirate.

Anonymous said...

By the way, what's up with "Appie?" Does that mean "Auntie?" If so, where did that come from?

I wondered there if it was an English accent coming through. You know, "I'm so 'appie 'e's my nephew!"

I don't think you picked that up in Minnesota.

Anonymous said...

I want it very publicly stated that those two gorgeous, smart, creative and adventurous wee ones are my grandchildren!!

Grandma Mary