Saturday, July 14, 2007

Three Things To Do In Denver When You're NOT Dead













Today my beloved and I spent the day in Denver. We started at the Denver Museum, where we saw "Ghosts of the Abyss" at the IMAX and the Titanic Exhibition. I had seen it several years ago in Las Vegas with my sister. I remember that inside the exhibit was so quiet and reverent. This experience today was completely the opposite. There were little kids running all around, yelling and laughing AND setting off the alarms at the displays. I'm not kidding! Every minute or two, an alarm would go off at a display. The rent-a-cop working today probly worked off a dozen donuts running from place to place. Reservations were required for the exhibit, yet the rooms were so overcrowded with people that we couldn't get close enough to read a lot of the displays. And the air conditioner wasn't working well so it was super stuffy.

At the IMAX, the noise level was better, but someone directly behind us had ARS-BREATH, so we spent lots of the time holding our noses. And it wasn't just me. Ron was nearly yakking from the smell.

The movie was incredible, though. James Cameron and Bill Paxton went back to the Titanic in September 2001 to film this documentary. There was a lot of film footage from inside the wreckage. They shared even more survivor stories. It was amazing. At one point in the movie, one of the divers was recorded saying, "today is September 11, 2001." James Cameron came out of the underwater unit and Bill Paxton was telling him that the US was under attack. This movie is available through Blockbuster if you're interested.


We did walk through other parts of the museum and I've included pictures. Even though I'm married to a big strong brave guy, the big wooly . . . thing was stuffed. And I wasn't pointing at the monkey's . . . thingy. I was pointing to the other thing behind the monkey's thingy. Yeah.

Next stop, Kwik-E-Mart!! Yes, Denver was one of the dozen renamed locations for the premiere of The Simpsons Movie. So, of course we had to visit and buy stuff and take pictures. I had a quick fling with Apu and bought some "they're not called Don't-Nuts!" Ron was trying to get Homer to share his dog.

Last stop of the day, The Cheesecake Factory!! No day ends poorly when it ends with The Cheesecake Factory. Ron's burger was served raw (ordered well-done) and they happily took it back and fixed it. He said he barely tasted the sputum and shoe prints when they brought it back. And we brought a Snickers Cheesecake home for the boys. (It's OK to buy love, as long as you can afford it!)

It was so great, I'm only two Valium away from complete and utter bliss!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think the three-toned car in front of the Kwik-E-Mart is my favorite pic! No comments re: Cheesecake Factory... but-cept to say neener neener because I went there last night in Boise! I ordered the banana cream cheesecake in a take-out box and ate it for breakfast this morning. It's always good to start the day with a serving of fruit.